If it is the first time you are visiting Morbi you will find it a little intricate about how to reach here. The industry is developed far from big cities and probably that is one of the reasons these factories are able to offer competitive pricing!
Remember: Avoid visiting Morbi during the “Janmashtami” festival which is generally during August every year. This is a favorite local festival and there is about 5 to 7 days holiday in local companies. Most of the time the production line is also under annual maintenance during this festival.
Another festival to avoid is Diwali (or Deepavali), which is a national festival. Check the dates of these two festivals before planning to come to Morbi
So now if you are an international visitor or coming from somewhere in India below information will help you:
- The nearest domestic airport is 64 km away in Rajkot (Code: RAJ). It is connected with ONLY 2 Indian cities. Below is the flight information which connects Rajkot with New Delhi and Mumbai.
- From New Delhi flight departs daily @ 5:15 PM and arrives Rajkot @ 7:00 pm (Air India AI-495)
- From Mumbai there are 4 flight options as under:
- Departs from Mumbai @ 5:05 am and arrives Rajkot @ 6:10 am (Jet Airways 9W-2387)
- Departs from Mumbai @ 2:25 pm and arrives Rajkot @ 3:45 pm (Jet Airways 9W-2337)
- Departs from Mumbai @ 3:30 pm and arrives Rajkot @ 4:40 pm (Air India AI-655)
- Departs from Mumbai @ 6:55 pm and arrives Rajkot @ 8:05 pm (Jet Airways 9W-2379)
- Another major city AHMEDABAD (220 km) is also the biggest city in the Gujarat state. It is having international and domestic airports (Code: AHD).
- The airport is very well connected to all major Indian cities. So we have not listed all of them here.
- From Dubai, Singapore, London, Doha, Kuwait, Muscat there are direct international flights to Ahmedabad international airport.
- Overseas visitors should first check flights to Mumbai (Code: BOM) or Dubai (Code: DXB) and look for further flights to Rajkot (Code: RAJ) or Ahmedabad (Code: AHD)
For those who are coming via train (Indian Railway), there is a station named WANKANER (WKR) en route to Rajkot. Many trains stop at this station and the tiles industry of Morbi starts within 8 kilometers from this station. So it is the best way to come to the industry if you are traveling via train.
OK so once you arrive at Rajkot, Ahmedabad, or Wankaner you may ask your key supplier to arrange a taxi. They will be happy to do this! Otherwise, your hotel in Morbi may arrange airport transfer (only from Rajkot) on additional charges. Click to know about where to stay in Morbi.